- Which kind of radiation is the most difficult to contain? Why?
- Which kind of radiation is the easiest to contain? Why?
- If you discovered that an Aluminium container of radioactive beta material was still emitting radiation, how could you reduce the radiation emitted?
- What do you think the unknown sample is? Alpha, beta or gamma? Can you explain why?
- Which is the safest kind of radioactive material to handle and why?
- Gamma radiation is highly penetrative and may require heavy shielding. Can you describe one beneficial use of gamma radiation?
- The unknown sample has been taken from a smoke detector, where there is a radioactive sample a short distance from a radiation detector, which is open to the air. How does a smoke detector work?